Behind every good kid is a GREAT mom
It has been awhile! I had to step away from blogging for a bit, school really picked up the last few months, but I survived. I finally got my 4.0 this semester, too. Two years of college in the books. How crazy is that? Now it is my favorite time of year… SUMMER!
Anyways, we can talk about me later. Today is all about MOM. Last year, I wrote a little bit about what a mom is, which you can read here. Every word still holds true. This year, I am doing things a little differently. There are a million things I am grateful for every single day thanks to my wonderful momma, but today I am sharing my top ten. So thank you, Mom…
- For your support. Financially, emotionally, and any other way I need. I have made a lot of big decisions over the past year or so, and you have stood behind every single one. You once told me if I decided to move home and become a trash person, you’d support that too. Thank you for never giving up on me.
- For your sense of humor. You and I can almost always find something to laugh about. We’re just so funny. Mostly I’m the funny one… but you laugh with me ;)
- For our phone calls. I don’t live at home anymore, but mom is never far. You always answers the phone with a “Hello my sweet Abbi,” and then we proceed to talk for the next 52 minutes. I love that you’re just a phone call away.
- For your encouragement. Mom is always pushing me to try new things, to talk to new people, and to be my best self. I definitely would not have made it through this past year without all of your encouraging words.
- For not trying to live vicariously through me. You always encourage me to be my own person and to make my own decisions. My life has always been what I wanted for myself, not what you wanted for me. I used to get frustrated when you wouldn’t just tell me what to do with my life. I am now very thankful that you always made me figure things out for myself.
- For letting me talk about anything. Things I will not share publically on the internet, lol. Long story short, we can talk about anything and everything. I love being on that level of comfort.
- For listening to my stories. Even when I go on, and on, and on. Even when its the same story you’ve heard seventeen times. You always listen and enjoy what I have to say.
- For making sacrifices. You do so much for this family. Whether its saving the last oreo, driving me to Fayetteville, or working on a Sunday, you give up so much for my sister and me.
- For teaching me how to do life. You have taught me everything from doing laundry and dishes to figuring out how to prioritize what I really want. I would be nowhere without your endless amounts of advice.
- For your unconditional love. I know I can be a pain in the butt, and I’m not always the most fun person in the world. You are the one person that has seen me at my absolute worst, and you love me just the same. You love me and my sister through it all, and we are so appreciative of that.
I do not say it enough, but thank you, mom, for every single thing you do. I love you soooooooooo much.
Happy Mothers Day :)